Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Naturally...

So I'm here!! Only 20 hours in an airport/plane and I made it! It was an interesting day...good in all, but full of little adventures. Being that our first layover was only 1 hour, our first flight to Denver was delayed 1 hour. Naturally we got of at terminal B71 and our next one was B15...the very last one on each end of one long strip of airport. We barely made it to our next flight and were one of the last ones to board. I was seated in the window seat by 2 grandmas who were very fragile, so naturally I got the sudden urge to have to go to the bathroom during take off. I wasn't about to ask them to let me out in their conditions so needless to say I was not so excited to see how long it was taking for people to get off when we finally landed. No I did not wet my pants, but yes it was a close call. We board for the final flight from Houston to Lima and take our seats. I am surrounded my a bunch of old men speaking really fast, I felt doomed! there was no way I was going to be able to understand that! But then I realized that even though I don't speak Spanish, I knew they weren't either, so I kept listening and found out they were all Japanese. Spanish is one thing to try and catch onto, Japanese is a hopeless cause. The one sitting next to me spoke very minimal English but wanted to show me everything is companion had made. It was all quite impressive actually. One of his other companions got out a video camera and was sweeping over all of them and when it got to me he stopped and they all started chuckling so I waved and said 'Konichiwah' (I have no stinking idea how to spell that, just sound it out!) and they all got a big kick out of that! They had me say a few other things in Japanese and were having a great time listening to me sounding like a fool. That was an interesting flight to say the least ha. Julia was sitting my a couple who was traveling to Peru to go bird watching. *not a joke. A few of you might understand why I almost died when she told me that...But anyways, that flight ended I said goodbye to my new Japanese friends and we went to get our luggage. Only problem was, it was there. Our luggage was no were to be found, so we spent an additional hour trying to get the proper forms filled out before we met up with Katie. Then we all had to go talk to the agents for a while so they could get the information to send it to us. We are only in Lima for 24 hours, so naturally it will take about 25 hours to get it to us. They arranged for it to be sent to Trujillo but wanted an address, naturally the family they would send it to is on vacation. We will just end up picking it up from the airport when it comes...cross your fingers that it comes soon!! We were finally able to leave the airport at around 2 a.m. and come to her house. I love it here!!!! It is so warm and beautiful! They have a lot of birds right outside that are way cool and the houses are all way sweet! Pictures will come shortly, I promise!

1 comment:

  1. This is great but you do know that a weekly email to the family is essential!!!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete