Sunday, January 23, 2011

Trujillo!

These past few days have been spent in Trujillo with my host family the Castillo's. They are the sweetest people ever!! Mama Carolina doesn't speak English so it is hard to communicate with her, but she acts everything out--really funny--so we get a little bit. Mes hermanas Wendy and Candy are very funny! They laugh at everything and are big jokesters. They both speak a little English and Candy speaks french, so I can talk to them. I'm sure you're all wondering how i'm handling the food, since I was fairly picky back home...It is better than I was expecting. I am actually able to eat most of it and even like a lot of it! I just struggle with the portion sizes, they seem to have bottomless pits in their stomachs because they eat enough for 3 people!

Friday we went and played sports with their equivalent of a singles ward. It was SO much fun!!!! Some of them spoke a little bit of English but mostly we were trying to communicate in Spanish. It was funny trying to talk to each other because we didn't understand each other much. I was actually able to have conversations with some of them! Obviously not very complex ones, but still a conversation. After playing we went and got drinks and just talked. It was a blast!

Saturday we went to Huanchaco, a popular beach just 15 minutes or so from their house. If you have 6 white girls at the beach you will get a lot of attention...fact. The weather was wonderful! We ate at a restaurant there and got hair wraps. It was a lot of fun and really relaxing. I love how relaxed everything is here!

Now for the pictures, the part you all want...
Huanchaco Beach

All of us at the restaurant in Huanchaco. Very delicious!

This is what I had at the restaurant. It is beef and rice and other stuff...It was way good. And shock to all, I actually finished all of that!
I thought Dad would appreciate these. They are everywhere!


This is my hair wrap

This is why we are supposed to wear bug spray at the Aldea...poor Carrie!

All of us at the beach. From left to right...Julia, Izzy, Ally (2 interns from Holland and England), Candy, Wendy (mes hermanas), Katie, Carrie, and me.

1 comment:

  1. Wow this looks amazing!! I didn't know you were going until your mother told me when she came through my line at kohlers. Yes I am still at kohlers and you are in freakin peru! haha. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete