Monday, October 14, 2013

It is what it is

First I thought I'd start out with a few conversation starters I've been approached with that made me laugh...And no, I did not make up these gems.

Top 5 worst conversation starters of the week
5. I was stopped by an asian guy in a car who barely spoke enough english for me to understand him. He asked me where a building on campus was, so I gave him directions then went to walk away. He called out to me and said, "Hey you want get in? You have boyfriend?" Man, so tempting...oh wait. no.

4. One of my friends teammates (who i've never met) asked me after their game, "Hey did you take a test today?" Uh...how do you know that? Who are you? "You sat by me and I remember because you are wearing a hat and girls don't wear hats." Oh...well actually I am in fact a girl and I am in fact wearing a hat...so this is awkward....

3. I was walking across campus minding my own business when a guy got my attention and asked, "Wait, did you want to talk to me?" (he asked it as if I had been trying to get his attention and he hadn't noticed, when really he was the one who got my attention). Well dang, how do you answer that one? I can't say no because that's rude, but I have nothing to say to him so if I say yes then what do I say? Tricky tricky. I ended up smoothly replying with an, "uh...what?"

2. I went over to one of my friends apartments and his roommate introduced himself, told me his name, and that he filed for bankruptcy. Again, I was left with a lack of response.

1. I ran into my brothers old companion at 7-11 one night. I hadn't seen him in about a year so it had been a while. We said hello and then he paused and asked, "So...did you go to your brothers wedding?"This is a bad enough question on its own, but the fact that it is now October and Gregg got married in January makes it even more funny. Yes, yes I did go.

Red Tie
My friend convinced his roommate (who I haven't met) that the fruit salad he brought to break the fast was made with sour cream. He wanted me to go and ask him about the sour cream fruit salad and see what he said about it, so I agreed. He told me it was the guy in the red tie behind us, so I meandered on over that way and stood next to him awkwardly waiting for him to finish his conversation with someone else. Well turns out there was more than one guy wearing a red tie standing behind us...that was embarrassing.

Mini Golf-Park Style
I went on a date one night where we went to play mini-golf, only we didn't go to Trafalga or any place like that...we went to a park at the mouth of the canyon. He had gone up earlier and dug little holes around the park and put paper cups in them and then stuck a glow stick in them as markers. We had to putt our way through the sand volleyball court, the playground, around the horseshoe pits, and down a hill. It was very creative and fun. I recommend this idea.



Welcome home Sister Jamie Sagers!!

Spent the weekend in California for a wedding and got to spend time with the Downs family.
Those kids crack me up! What a nice hat Zeb.

He put this headband on and asked me,
"Do I look beautiful?"

The sunrise on the drive home. Gorgeous. 
This little gal is such a cutie!

2 comments:

  1. Nat! That was the best read I have had in such a long time!! Love you and hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whahahahaha! You are really livin' the life there, Natalie! I bet you wake up thinking, "Okay, what weirdo thing is someone going to say to me today?" Brace yourself, Nat--it's a new day, a new kind of awkwardness!

    ReplyDelete